15 February 2008

Wow, wow, wow.

Firstly, thanks to anyone that as much takes the time to skim this posting. I all but abandoned this blog; and, realistically, I shouldn't expect to have a single reader left. Additionally, I stopped posting during an immensely weighty point in my young recovery.

Left and right, I have become witness to numerous people falling off of their respective wagons. I wish each person well and hold out hope that these people will be able to reverse their derailment.

On the bright side, however, I was able to persevere. I have broken through the initial barriers that ever surrounded me and am extremely excited to announce that I am becoming a stronger person each and every day. It truly is one day at a time. So, without further ado, I am officially announcing my one-hundred thirty-ninth day of sobriety! It seems like but yesterday when I was boldly gleaming from within for being clean a handful of days — I have come so far!

I do not want to falsely illustrate the "typical outcome"; this is more of a miracle at this point than anything else. I still very much aware of the dangers that surround me and just how quickly I, myself, could jump ship.

I want to extend my arms to everyone out there still suffering, still in the same daily cycles of addiction: give sobriety a shot, it can work. I am living proof who never thought I'd be able to say so.

Now... not everything has gone as planned; but, then again, whose life does? I have had a lot of recent setbacks that have nearly tossed me across the line. I will write about these instances in numerous soon-to-come entries.

Until then, take care everyone. Beat the beast that addiction is!

No comments: